Castle Capers is back! The Newcastle-under-Lyme Scout Gang Show returns to the Mitchell Arts Centre this Easter, with a show full of singing, dancing and sketches.
“There really is something for everyone” says Producer Jay Auckland “we’ve got songs from musicals such as Grease and Rock of Ages, and we’ll be performing hits from the likes of Keane, Elbow, and Madonna. There’s also a special tribute to those who fought in World War One.”
Castle Capers has been running every two years since 1974, but this is the first time that the Scouts themselves have been part of the production team.
Youth Producer Sam Heelis says “it’s been a really fantastic experience. We’ve written our own sketches, and the suggestions we’ve made have helped to shape the show. Scouting is all about young people so it’s great that we’re taking a leading role both on and off the stage.”
Rehearsals for the show which runs from 3rd-7th April have been taking place twice a week since the beginning of January. Amongst those who’ve watched it come together is Newcastle’s District Commissioner Vera Bloor.
“For me Castle Capers is what Scouting is all about: young people and leaders working together to put on a brilliant show. I’ve been so impressed by how talented everyone is, and the hard work which they’ve been putting in. I really would encourage you to come and see it because I guarantee you’ll have a great time”.
You can buy tickets online at www.ticketsource.co.uk/castlecapers, direct from the theatre or on the door during the week of show.
If you’d like more information, to arrange an interview with the team, or attend a rehearsal then please contact us.
A recording of some of the songs from the show can also be made available for radio stations.
NOTES TO EDITORS
- Castle Capers Gang show is proudly supported by Staffordshire County Councils Community Fund. Thanks must go to Councillors Simon Tagg, Stephen Sweeney, Dave Jones, Kyle Robinson, Trevor Johnson and Paul Northcote for their generous support for our show and the young people of our Borough.
- Castle Capers is being performed at the Mitchell Arts Centre between 3rd-7th April.
- The show starts at 19:15 each night with a matinee performance at 14:15 on Saturday afternoon.
- Tickets cost £9 for adults (£10 on Saturday evening) and £7.50 for children/concessions
- The cast is made up of Beavers (6-8 y/o) Cubs (8-10 y/o) Scouts (10-14 y/o) Explorers (14-18 y/o) and Leaders.